2. APPLICATION OF LOCAL LAWS
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. PRINCIPLES FOR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharp respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to protecting Personal Information in compliance with applicable privacy laws. Sharp will observe the following principles when collecting, using, or disclosing Personal Information:
- Personal Information will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with applicable laws
- Personal Information will be collected for specified, reasonable purposes and not used or disclosed in ways incompatible with those purposes
- Personal Information will be relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used
- You will be asked to provide Your consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of Your Personal Information where consent is the legal basis for the collection, use or disclosure
- Appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful use or disclosure, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damages to Personal Information.
5. COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. Types of Personal Information Collected
With Your consent, Sharp may collect the following Personal Information about You through the use of the Site:
- Home address, zip code
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Demographic information or information related to Your preferences and interests.
Sharp may also collect information about how You use the Site, including Your search activities on the Site and preferences, information on the device You use to access and use the Site, and information on how You interact with the Site, including pages visited and the date, time and duration of Your visit.
b. Purposes of Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Sharp collects, uses, and discloses Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve upon the services provided on the Site
- To deliver information related to Sharp and its products or services
- To provide customer service and support for Your Sharp product
- To provide updates on new Sharp products and services
- To provide specific updated content to You based on Your geographic location, interests, or preferences
- To contact You regarding services provided in connection with Your Sharp product.
Sharp will not collect, use, or disclose Your Personal Information for any new purpose without first identifying the new purpose and obtaining Your consent where applicable.
c. Disclosure of Personal Information to Affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers
Sharp is not in the business of selling Your Personal Information. However, there may be times when we share information You have provided to us or that we have collected via the Site with the following entities:
- Affiliates: Sharp may share Your Personal Information as well as other information we collect via the Site with our affiliated entities, including our parent corporation and subsidiaries.
- Business Partners: We may also share Your Personal Information or other information we collect with our business partners, including our authorized dealers and distributors.
- Parties Involved in Corporate Transactions: We may disclose Your Personal Information or other information collected via the Site with our affiliated entities or third parties as part of a transfer of Sharp’s business assets, a merger or acquisition or a corporate reorganization.
- Parties Involved in Law Enforcement or Legal Protections: There may be times when Sharp will disclose or share Your Personal Information or other information collected via the Site in order to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas, or search warrants. Your Personal Information or other information collected via the Site may also be used to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
Other than above, Sharp will provide notice when Personal Information about You may be shared with third parties and You will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. To the extent that You share Your Personal Information or any other information with any of the parties referenced above in this section and such information is not in their possession through Sharp sharing it with them, please refer to the privacy policies of those entities to determine how Your Personal Information or other information is used. Sharp’s contractors or third party service providers who have access to Your Personal Information in connection with the provision of services for or on behalf of Sharp are required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are providing to or on behalf of Sharp.
d. Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
It is important that Your Personal Information is collected, used, or disclosed with Your consent. Your consent may be implied, deemed, or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically, or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from Your action or inaction. For example, if You provide Your Personal Information to Sharp for a particular purpose, Sharp may have implied consent to use and disclose Your Personal Information for that purpose.
6. SECURITY MEASURES
Sharp is committed to protecting the security of Your Personal Information. Sharp has put into place physical, electronic, and organizational procedures and processes designed to safeguard and help prevent theft and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, loss, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of Personal Information. Sharp applies security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making Personal Information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized loss, misuse, or access of Personal Information by third parties, You should be aware that there is always some risk that Your Personal Information may be subject to unauthorized use, access, or disclosure by a third party.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
8. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to Your Personal Information in the possession and control of Sharp. If You want to obtain access to Your Personal Information, please submit a written request to Sharp at the email addresses provided below. The written request must provide sufficient detail to allow Sharp to identify the Personal Information being sought. Unless exempted by law, Sharp will provide You with access to Your Personal Information within Sharp’s possession and control.
Sharp may request specific information from You to enable it to confirm Your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide You with the Personal Information that Sharp holds about You.
In some cases, Sharp may not be able to provide access to Your Personal Information. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require Sharp to refuse to provide some or all of the Personal Information that it holds about You. Additionally, Your Personal Information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with Sharp’s record retention obligations and practices. In the event Sharp cannot provide You with access to Your Personal Information, it will advise You of the reasons why the Personal Information cannot be provided and will provide the name, title, and contact information of the individual who can discuss the reasons for the refusal.
It is important that the information contained in Sharp’s records is both accurate and current. If Your Personal Information changes during the course of Your relationship, please advise us of such changes.
In some circumstances Sharp may not agree with Your request to change Your Personal Information and will instead append an alternate text to the record in question. We will advise You when this occurs.
9. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
As there is currently no industry standard on how Do Not Track signals should be responded to or how Do Not Track functionality is activated across various web browsers, Sharp does not at the present time generally respond to Do Not Track signals.
If You would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow You to: (i) change Your browser settings to notify You when You receive a Cookie, which lets You choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing Cookies; or (iii) set Your browser to automatically reject any Cookies. Please be aware that if You disable or reject Cookies, some features and services on our Site may not work properly.
11. WEB BEACONS
In conjunction with Cookies, Sharp uses “Web Beacons” on the Site and in some Sharp emails to monitor traffic generated from various forms of advertising such as banner ads, or to track general traffic. A Web Beacon is a graphic on a web page or in an email message designed to track pages viewed and messages opened. Web Beacons are often invisible because they are typically only 1-pixel by 1-pixel in size. In many cases, companies place Web Beacons on web pages to collect data about visitors. When a user requests a page on our Site, the Web Beacon is retrieved/activated. Once the Web Beacon is retrieved/activated, it points to an external site to retrieve the image. At that time it can also pass along information such as the IP address of the computer that retrieved the image, the time the Web Beacon was viewed and for how long, and the type of browser that retrieved the image. This information is then compiled and made available to Sharp. Web Beacons, along with Cookies, enable us to enhance Your experience on the Site and assess our marketing efforts; like Cookies, Web Beacons do not access Your Personal Information.
12. INTEREST-BASED MARKETING
We contract with third-party advertising agencies, marketing entities and other third party service providers to serve advertisements when You visit the Site or other web sites across the Internet. The advertisements placed on these third-party web sites may use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and Web Beacons, to collect anonymous information about Your visits to the Site and other web sites. Sharp may also share anonymous information with these companies in aggregate form and/or engage with these companies to provide interest-based advertising both on and off the Site or other web sites operated by Sharp. In either case, the purpose of the sharing is to provide advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to You, analyzing and improving the effectiveness of ads and e-mails, and improving and enhancing the Site and its content.
Sharp also currently uses Google Analytics Display Advertising on the Site to collect data about traffic on our Site; the Google Analytic features we have implemented include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics;
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting; and
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting focusing on:
Sharp complies with Google’s applicable policies regarding implementation of these features.
Users can find out more information about the ability to opt-out of interest-based marketing conducted by third parties, including Google, by visiting the following websites:
- Affinity categories which identifies users in terms of lifestyle interests (examples: sports fans or technophiles);
- In-market segment categories which identifies users based on their product purchases interests.
- Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
13. PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
At Sharp, we are committed to protecting the Personal Information of children. As such, the Site is not meant for use by individuals under the age of 13 and Sharp will not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under such age. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided any Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information promptly. Sharp encourages parents and legal guardians to participate in all online activities of their children and instruct them to not provide any personally identifiable information to Sharp.
14. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If You are a California resident, You have the right to receive: (a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom Sharp may have disclosed, within the past year, Your Personal Information and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. California consumers also have a right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights. Sharp does not sell the Personal Information of its consumers and does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests. To obtain such information, please email Your request to: CaliforniaPrivacy@Site.com
or call 1-800-BE-SHARP. You are entitled to request such information once per calendar year.
15. YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUT OPPORTUNITIES
If You do not wish to receive promotional communications or notices from us in the future, or if You do not want us to share any of Your Personal Information with any third parties, You can “opt-out”:
Please be sure to give us Your exact name and address so we can be sure to remove Your name from our lists.
You may also have the opportunity to “opt-out" of receiving offers or future promotional communications from us by following the applicable unsubscribe instructions in the particular communication.
16. PROCESSING CONSENT
The Site is operated in the United States. If You are located outside of the United States, including in the European Union or in Canada, any information, including Personal Information, we collect or that You provide to us, will be transferred and processed in the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, You understand and consent to this transfer, processing and storage of Your information in the United States. Please note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as stringent or protective as in the non-US countries where You reside or are a citizen.
17. UPDATING THIS POLICY
18. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Effective: February 28, 2020